Sunday, May 23, 2010

UGANDA!!!!

I am going to Uganda. CRAZY. Never thought I would ever get the chance to do something like this. About two weeks ago, a friend of mine (fellow teacher), called me saying her male leader on the trip couldn't go any longer. She was stuck. No male chaperon for the trip that left in 6 weeks. They were buying plane tickets the next day. She said I didn't have a choice, that I just had to go with her and the team. Lucky for her I wasn't doing anything this summer, lucky for me, I get to go to UGANDA.

I am very excited, I have always wanted to go to Africa, but haven't really ever thought it would happen. And it is. I am scared, and a little nervous, but very excited. I am really looking forward to it. Janelle is a great friend, and I am excited to lead a trip with her. And we are taking some fun kids. Should be a great trip. We are going to be working in a medical clinic in Gulu, a city in northern UGANDA. Hang out with the locals, play with kids, and help some doctors that are going over with us take care of some people that could really use the medical care. Crazy to think that somehow, GOD has a purpose for me to be on this trip. That somehow, it is a good thing that Ryan can't go, and I can. That something incredible is going to happen while I am in UGANDA for that two weeks. Can't wait. Hopefully I will have Internet while I am over there and can post some updates from the other side of the world.

0 comments:

Post a Comment