Monday, October 26, 2009

Oh how things change...

Just a couple of days ago, i posted that things were going so well and nothing was really happening here. And then the next day comes. I lost a student on Sunday. In a car accident. He was thrown from the car and died on impact with the street. Four of his friends were also in the car, but they are all okay. I have all five boys in class this year. Not to mention the entire Junior class that is suffering from the loss of their friend. What do you do with an empty seat in a class that was occupied by their friend? That empty seat signifies a lot. It means everything to these kids. It means everything to me. That seat is never going to be filled. I miss Will. I miss his smile, his constant smile. I miss his smirk. That smirk that he gave when you caught him doing something. I miss his laugh. His laugh that meant you had really done something well. He didn't just laugh for anything. I miss his kindness. I miss his leadership. I miss Will Wardrip. It wont be the same without you Will. We don't move on, we just keep going. We keep going without you. Not by choice, but because we have to. Until we meet again, and we will meet again.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. This has been an extremely rough week. As a parent it has been hard to watch our kids grieve and to feel such a loss of a friend. Hard and impossible to put ourselves in Will's parents shoes. Thank you for being the wonderful teacher and mentor to our (your) kids. I can't imagine how it must feel for you to have an empty seat and to have all of the boys and all of the other friends in your classes. You are right--we just have to go on. Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment