Thursday, February 4, 2010

I Love What I do

You grow up wondering what you are going to spend the rest of your life doing. When you are little, you tell yourself that you are going to be a doctor, or fireman, or athlete. And then you get a little older, and you tell yourself you are going to be an attorney or engineer. And then it comes time to actually figure out what you want to do with the rest of your life. And you make this big decision without even really knowing what your life would look like if you went down that road. So you take this big leap and hope that you like what you do. And it is okay if you don't like your path. You can always change. But it is this huge decision, I mean, it is what you are going to work towards the rest of your life. YIKES!!!!!

So I went into teaching, wondering if I would even like it. All the planning, dealing with kids, dealing with parents. AND I LOVE IT! I am in my classroom right now. It is during one of my prep periods that I don't have class. 5 of my students have ditched out on class to come stop by my class. (For the record I have told them all to go back to class.) I love my job. I guess I just get high school students. To me, they are awesome. A little misguided and stupid, but a ton of fun. And I love teaching math. I like getting kids that HATE math, to at least be okay with it at the least. And get some kids to LOVE math. It is a ton of fun. I LOVE MY JOB. And I am very blessed to love my job. And very blessed to have one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment